The rapid development of IT solutions available for businesses, is leading to a continuous need of adjusting the way we handle internal activities and documentation in order to optimize company’s resources.
Accounting activities’ evolution in the past few years are a good example of how technology influences the way we handle routine tasks that usually bear a high risk of error when performed by individuals, needless to speak about time consumption. Therefore, what are the best practices nowadays, in terms of financial data and documentation management?
- Eliminate basic human errors – use electronic invoices
- Let technology handle your routine activities – use OCR to extract and validate data from your accounting documents
- Make sure everyone is on the same page – use a unified accounting workflow system in order to better track the status of each activity and remove any misunderstanding regarding approval status or responsibility level
- Remove unnecessary administrative activities – offer your employees the possibility to input their expenses or any other type of requests online
- Don’t sacrifice well-performing areas or softwares in order to improve others – use flexible online solutions such as TULIP Accounting
- Saving solely a document is not enough – you need to permanently have access to the entire workflow connected to that specific document and nowadays’ technology is offering you this possibility