What are Cookies and why we use them?
How do we use them?
There are different types of cookies:
Based on their duration (lifespan):
- session cookies – are deleted when the user closes the browser
- persistent cookies – remain on the user’s device for certain period of time (a few months to years).
Based on the cookie owner
- first-party cookies – are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
We use Google tools (Analytics, Tag Manager, WebmasterTools) to generate (anonymous) statistics about the user’s behaviour on our website. But we do not personally identifying these users.
We also use third-party technology that allows us to create a better website experience for users. You may recognize such third-party tools:
– to track visitor’s behaviour on website, we use Hotjar
– we use social media platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google plus and maps
– for newsletter subscriptions we use MailChimp
How long do cookies remain active?
Most cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Some so-called “persistent cookies” remain stored longer, ranging from 90 days to several years. You can remove these cookies manually at any time by deleting your browser cache.
Can I refuse or remove cookies?
Yes, you can do so by editing your browser settings. How to do so depends on the browser you use. We recommend to you to consult the help function of your browser for more information. But remember that the refusal of (some) cookies may result in the loss of (certain) website functions.