Minor branch of a foreign investor? Promising start-up? Small business starting from the scratch? Family business?
Small companies are the backbone of a national economy and their support should be a key agenda for governments. And not only support from the state, but also from business products and services across disciplines.
Small businesses don’t have a lot of capital to invest in business solutions. It is this area that has the least financial support, and internal processes work rather thanks to the enthusiasm and versatility of the employees, as the company invests mainly in products and production, then trade and marketing, and only then does it provide modernization in internal processes.
This procedure is absolutely understandable, but it is a pity. Internal processes affect employees very significantly, and if the company has its employees ranked high among its priorities, it is necessary to modernize and digitize the operation of the company as soon as possible. How to do it?
Digitization of internal processes and modern solutions for small businesses
In addition to salary, satisfaction with job responsibilities and working environment, it is necessary to include functional internal processes and the availability of modern tools in the care of employees. Just as we will not provide employees with out-of-date models of telephones and computers, it would not be appropriate to require them to work with tools that do not keep up with modern times.
Which things should you provide, regardless of the size of the company?
- Modern way of providing payslips (no papers)
- Communication platform. From Whatsup group to Trello – don’t be afraid of tools that make your teamwork easier (the platforms listed here are free)
- But especially – a digitized HR agenda to the greatest extent possible. Where to start? With a modern attendance software.
A simple time and attendance management
The time and attendance software for small companies should mainly be fast, simple and affordable. Do you have a few employees, you need to record their attendance according to legislation, but your HR manager has too many other agendas to do it manually?
Of course, you can solve this with ordinary Excel, but it will not provide you with:
- Compliance with legislation and its automatic adjustment in case of changes
- Email notifications when requesting absences
- Copying vacations and other absences into work calendars
- Compliance with GDPR – everyone can see everything in Excel, the attendance system can filter out relevant absences and show too personal things only to the affected users
- Elimination of record errors
- Language and legislative mutations – if you also have foreign employees working under different legislations, you need an attendance software that checks different legislations, allows approval across countries and can be switched to multiple languages
- Removal of the threat of fines from the Labour Inspectorate for incorrect attendance records. Checks in the automated attendance system will not allow you to exceed the requirements
- HR bonuses: the attendance software is not only about attendance records. Excel will only give you what you prepare in it. Developers of attendance systems are constantly working on additional functions. In our platform TULIP, you can, for example, publish employee payslips, publish internal directives and other documents, exchange salary documents with the payroll provider, calculate entitlement to meal allowances and much more.
The attendance software has all this. Even a simple one for small businesses. Export for payroll software is a matter of course. In addition, it is an excellent basis for your company’s growth. You don’t have to change it even if you grow dynamically. On the contrary – then you will have many worries, this is one that you have eliminated in advance. You can avoid it if you purchase a simple attendance software for small business with only a few employees.
Time & attendance software for free?
Yes, Excel is free. No, an attendance software perfectly developed for the needs of attendance records is not free. If it is supposed to check legislation, send notifications, look good and be easy to use even on mobiles, someone has to manage and update it. Therefore, its costs are always reflected in the prices for the customer.
These prices start at units of euros per employee per month, which, when converted to the salary of another HR person who would otherwise take care of these tasks manually, means saving a significant cost item.
Do you want a simple attendance system in the cloud? Request a non-binding demo presentation of the TULIP SaaS and we will show you what a solution for your company might look like:
STAY IN THE LOOP
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news right into your inbox.