Thank God, it’s gone. The year full of changes, restrictions and justified fear. But how was it for IT business? How did we, in TULIP, manage it? Here’s our annual summary.
Numbers are the core, let’s start with them
Every year, we summarize our progress in numbers. No matter the difficulty of 2020, we again have the reason to be happy. That’s thanks to our stable clients and the new ones, too.
Thank you for your trust!
|End of 2017||End of 2018||End of 2019||End of 2020|
|Number of users||28 450||38 981||65 941||70 756|
|Number of clients||500||630||1 100||1 396|
|Number of countries||14||25||32||34|
We don’t want this to be just our statement. So, we continuously ask our clients to evaluate the cooperation with us. We, together with them, brought you 3 case studies in 2020:
- VGD in position of a partner company delivers their service in accounting and payroll area to their clients via TULIP platform
- Superior SDI in position of an international client that uses TULIP’s Time and Attendance module and Benefit module for their entities in 4 countries in 2 continents
- Webnode in position of a local Czech IT brand that uses TULIP’s modules: Time and Attendance and Benefit
News from 2020
No company can succeed without constantly adjusting their portfolio. Especially in the IT area, we must progress, adjust and modernize.
Here are some of our improvements:
- New module „New hire“ in HR area. This module covers automation of hiring process. New employee receives a link to TULIP, where they can fill in a questionnaire with their personal data, required from HR department for contract purposes. The contract is automatically generated together with other related documents. You don’t need any email communication. In this pandemic age, it’s a great way of improving your remote cooperation. More information about the module is available on its product page.
- „TULIP Home office“ edition – in March, when the whole world had to stay home, we decided to provide simplified TULIP Time and Attendance platform with free implementation for companies that needed fast, simple and not expensive solution to monitor their internal processes connected to work.
- We made adjustments in Time and Attendance module so it would monitor all types of home office requests that our clients prefer in pandemic times. Read about the changes in our blog.
- New layout of email notifications –We had worked on this adjustment for months. Notifications now have more stylish and clearer layout.
- We have received certification in environmental management. We’re proud to declare ISO 14001.
- TULIP opened new offices in Košice, in business centre DUET II right at the city centre. Don’t hesitate to stop by 😊.
We make continuous improvements of TULIP. They are more or less visible to users. In 2021, we will present one new module, huge adjustment of Business trip module and we will move infrastructure to Microsoft Azure. There’s a lot of work to do 😊.
External cooperation with partners and media
We are more than happy for the cooperation with the outsourcing company Accace. Together, we have managed to provide regular webinars on professional topics and 2021 will not be an exception.
With Nethemba, Slovak IT security company, we prepared a webinar about ethical hacking – available on our Youtube channel in the Slovak language.
As a standard, we participate in Girl’s day, coordinated by “Aj Ty v IT”. It is an event for young girls who are interested in studying IT. Companies from the business invite them to their premises and prepare motivational program. In 2020, the event was postponed from April to October, and as everyone respected strict hygienic arrangements, there were no limitations in the program and girls enjoyed the whole thing. Just like us.
Thanks to good relationship with IT oriented media in Slovakia and the Czech Republic, we can prepare professional content for them and for our own media (web and social). Regular articles are provided to Czech IT magazine IT Systems, Slovak Nextech or BusinessIT. The last one granted us the label „Remarkable product 2020“, which we will proudly use 😊.
What did we bring to you during last year?
CSR activities did not stop in 2020, just changed
Providing help is quite hard when we cannot meet. And yet in this situation more people need it.
We had to cancel some regular activities, but the past year provided some new possibilities.
Right at the beginning of the year, “Úsmev ako dar” organisation came with an urgent request to provide computers for families in need. Since kids had to stay home and they were forced to study online, it became a problem for families that cannot afford Internet connection or electronic devices. We were able to provide 16 computers to families and help their children study from home.
“Týždeň dobrovoľníctva” – week of volunteering in the autumn did not have to be cancelled, but we had to change our regular activity. We usually help senior citizens, this time we didn’t want to endanger their health. So, the solution was to go to the city and help cleaning its problematic areas. It was a good substitute for cancelled team buildings.
Donations for people in need were not cancelled, we participated in 2 of them during the year – in spring and in autumn. Our colleagues were very generous, so we are proud and thankful.
The new decade did not start at its best. So, let’s keep our fingers crossed for better future and let’s support it with all we got.
STAY IN THE LOOP
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news right into your inbox.